Re: CVS still broken

Subject: Re: CVS still broken
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 00:36:58 CDT

Sam TH wrote:

> On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 12:46:25PM +1000, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> > Hi. I'm back and looking forward to working on Win32
> > internationalization some more but I can't connect to CVS at all:
> >
> > administrator@GUARANA ~/abiword/abi
> > $ cvs update
> > Unknown host cvs.abisource.com.
> >
> > I've checked the mailing list and there seemed to be no solution.
> > I've tried modifying my CVS/Root with the IP number which appeared
> > in the mailing list but that didn't work either.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> This is happening for me too, but I don't know how to fix it. The DNS
> server with authority for the domain is reporting the correct
> information, so I don't know why it's taking so long for the rest of
> the world to behave.
>
> As an alternative, you can try using parsons.abisource.com, which is
> the same host.

Thanks Sam. This seems to work if I edit the CVS/Root file - but there
are dozens of them. If I edit my /etc/hosts file I get this:

administrator@GUARANA ~/abiword/abi
$ cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@cvs.abisource.com)
CVS password:
 for user anoncvsization failed: server cvs.abisource.com rejected
access to /cvsroot

This is using the password "anoncvs"

Any more ideas?

Andrew.