Re: bar tab

Subject: Re: bar tab
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 21:27:06 CDT

On Thu, 17 May 2001 rms@greymalkin.yi.org wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 11:32:03AM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 May 2001 rms@greymalkin.yi.org wrote:
> > > what makes the "tables" vertical bar is the most time consuming job because it has to be inserted through the tab dialog.
> > > if it was in that square of the tabs type selection, then it wouldn't be so time consuming.
> > I totally agree. I plan to implement a button to toggle between left
> > justified tabs and bartabs when clicking in the topruler.
> > It's simple code. I will do it.
>
> erms.. that's why I wanted to give it a try this weekend :)
> a simple hack to start getting the hang of abi code (since it was something ticking me).

Sorry rms, Scott...

        I didn't read far enough to see you were planning to make this
work. By all means "go for it" As Paul says the easiest way is to eximine
whether "Top line" or "bottom line" buttons are active (or to a lookup
properties and see if the top line or bottom line attributes are on) when
handling clicks in the topruler code. If they are "on" insert a bar tab
rather than a left justified tab.

You'll nee to look at ap_TopRuler.cpp. Find the code that handles clicks
there and go for it.

Even more explicily, grab a pointer to the curent view. Do a
getCharProperties(), Look for the text decoration prorperty, Thne see if
top line or bottom line is present in the text decoration value.

If so insert a bar tab not a left tab.

 Cheers

Martin