Re: bar tab

Subject: Re: bar tab
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 23:31:02 CDT

At 12:27 PM 5/18/01 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> I didn't read far enough to see you were planning to make this
>work. By all means "go for it" As Paul says the easiest way is to eximine
>whether "Top line" or "bottom line" buttons are active (or to a lookup
>properties and see if the top line or bottom line attributes are on) when
>handling clicks in the topruler code. If they are "on" insert a bar tab
>rather than a left justified tab.
>
>You'll nee to look at ap_TopRuler.cpp. Find the code that handles clicks
>there and go for it.
>
>Even more explicily, grab a pointer to the curent view. Do a
>getCharProperties(), Look for the text decoration prorperty, Thne see if
>top line or bottom line is present in the text decoration value.
>
>If so insert a bar tab not a left tab.

Please do *not* implement it this way.

Look at the upper left corner of the top ruler. In that little square is a
picture of the tab type to used for the next tabstop added to the ruler.
That widget defaults to a left tab, but by clicking on that square you can
cycle the default to center, right, or decimal tab types.

All you need is a two line fix (literally) to also enable bar tabs to be
added to that sequence. I did all the other work required two years ago.

Paul
motto -- grep is your friend