Re: Patch: Multi-encoding Text import/export

Subject: Re: Patch: Multi-encoding Text import/export
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 13:02:45 CDT

Hi Vlad,

> I don't understand why new field to existing document class is needed.
> I think we should a special exporter/importer that allows to specify encoding
> of the document under a name of base exporter/importer with something appended
> (e.g. "HTML" and "HTML (encoded)" - as in OpenOffice). If user selects
> "..(encoded)" version ,dialog pops up and asks what encoding to use).

I agree. Adding this to the exporter class would be trivial (all of our write calls generally pass through a virtual write() method anyway.) Adding a encoding dialog would also be trivial.

Dom

--
"An actuary is someone who brings a fake bomb on a plane,
	because that decreases the chances that there will