Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]

Subject: Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 15:23:48 CDT

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 11:04:44AM -0700, Robert G. Werner wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2001, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> > The WP Microsoft Word supports calculating/evaluating expressions.
> <sarcasm>
> And of course, Word is the Platonic image of all word processors so
> you should certainly try to make AbiWord as similar as possible.
> </sacasm>

Nopes, but this isn't like the clipper feature, <sarcasm>which we all expect in AbiWord XP</sarcasm>.

On another matter, although word has some problems, it's probably microsoft's most used application throughout the world, and many features will be missed in abiword.

It is a necessary comparison.
Of course, we should not make a fully featured calculation engine, but if one came up as a bonobo control, for instance, our simple one could be removed from gnome builds in favor of the bonobo one.

Hugs, rms