Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]

Subject: Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 21:34:21 CDT

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 07:42:53PM +0100, rms@greymalkin.yi.org wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 08:21:46PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> > The hammer thing is a wrong metaphor from the beginning. Abiword
> > is not a caculator, if you want it to do something other than wp,
> > you have to pay for it. That way, people who use it as a wp would
> > not pay for you. However small it is, it does not belong to wp.
>
> Wait a minute, I thought this was Free Software.
> I really can't understand your animosity.
> Are you expecting to make money out of extra abiword features and
> someone just "stole" you one?

I am not against this feature. That is why I suggest that it can be done
in perl or plugin. And the plugins/scripts can be shipped along with
abiword. Yes, it is a free software and no, I don't think
anyone can push in things that does not belong to a project even though
the project is a Free software.

It is always very little code when a first hack of something goes in.
Then the thing just can do more and more and more...

Anyway, it is not me who should decide which kind of feature and how many
line of code can be included into abiword or should be made in plugins.
So I will shut up here.

--
Best regard
hashao