Re: Patch: Fix for Bug 1164, 2nd try

Subject: Re: Patch: Fix for Bug 1164, 2nd try
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 20:51:30 CDT

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 10:18:00PM +0500, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2001, ha shao wrote:
> > Oh the clean up thing should be done inside mbtowc when the actual
> > conversion is failed.
>
> It's done already - please see the /src/af/util/xp/ut_mbtowc.cpp - method
> UT_Mbtowc::mbtowc (the last one).

Yes and no. It seems the intent for the initialize() RTF importer
is to also reset iconv when we have no enough input too. But this
kind of reset is specifically skipped in UT_Mbtowc::mbtowc().

Since the aggregate buffer is maintained by UT_Mbtowc itself, just
reset like the attached buffer will do. Dom might want to test if
this solved the iconv related SEGV.

--
Best regard
hashao