Re: Looking for RedHat 6.x users help

Subject: Re: Looking for RedHat 6.x users help
From: Gabriel Gerhardsson (mr.g@home.se)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 05:40:59 CDT

Hi Erlend

Attached is a modified version of the script that adds those two
arguments to rpm ("--define '_noPayloadPrefix 1'" and "--nodirtokens").
This script works with my version of rpm (v4.0.2) to, but I have no way
of testing if it actually makes v3 rpms. I don't feel comfortable about
this until someone have actually tested the rpms on an rpm3
installation.
On the other hand v4.0.3 seams to build rpms for v3 as default. So if
anyone wants to upgrade to that development-version, it would be nice,
but I still wouldn't feel comfortable. Take for example what is said in
one of the links you gave
(www.redhat.com/mailing-lists/rpm-list/msg03715.html):

"Meanwhile, please, please, please, let's not start doing designer
packaging with a lot of half-baked obscure mechanisms, or there's gonna
be a mess that I can't solve."

So anyway, I would not feel good about this until someone actually tests
it. *But* if it actually works, that's *great*.

Take care
/Gabriel