[schatzclan@paradise.net.nz: A Few Pointed Questions]

Subject: [schatzclan@paradise.net.nz: A Few Pointed Questions]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 09:42:46 CDT

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss

attached mail follows:

Apologies for not placing this on a user or dev list. Could you point me to
someone or something that unambiguously informs:

1) The process of bug-fixing for AbiWord. How are fixes executed and
reported?
2) The system Porting Issues for AbiWord. How clean are the abstraction
layers separating the GUI details from the editor internals?
3) The design methodology, if any, for AbiWord.

I am on a slow link on the other side of the world, unable to trawl through
your web pages for hours or even minutes on end.

For the record as of 2Sep2001, AbiWord 0.9.2 (uni- and bidirectional
version tried) for Winfows 95-

1) Very nice install/uninstall - clean, clear and quick.
2) Reasonably comprehensive help, albeit available only by independently
browsing the HTML pages external to AbiWord. Inappropriate backslash placed
on front of help path, a contributing cause of not finding help files.
3) The help files report a version of 0.7.10. How close is that help to the
installed version 0.9.3?
4) Regionalisation/localisation problems without a language cross-mapping
capability. Language Setting dialog has no effect (reported by me in
Bugzilla, 02Sep2001). Tried to change my local NZ English help to US or
Australian, nothing worked.

Thank You for Your Patience,
        Charels F. Schatz