Re: SVG import

Subject: Re: SVG import
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 09:40:06 CDT

At 01:54 PM 9/3/2001 +0100, F J Franklin wrote:
>A fairly major write/re-write of SVG recognition & the beginnings of a
>parser.

         Great.

         However, if you want to save yourself a LOT of time I'll remake my
offer again...

         I have an SVG parser (on top of expat) that you are welcome to use
to integrate into AbiWord. That would then save you all the time and
trouble of writing the parser and just focus on the other stuff. The only
thing that you'd probably need to change is that I use STL containers
(vector and map) and Abi doesn't like those.

         If you are interested, let me know!

>With SVG support, we would have the option of WMF support as well. (I'm
>thinking of adding an ultra-light build option to libwmf specifically for
>use with AbiWord.)

         That would be nice - and I might have a use for that myself soon...

LDR