SVG import

Subject: SVG import
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 07:54:04 CDT

My first real AbiWord hack-job:

A fairly major write/re-write of SVG recognition & the beginnings of a
parser. A *LOT* more to be done, and I want to do it. It would be great if
SVG import was stable & non-DEBUG by the time we feature-freeze.

With SVG support, we would have the option of WMF support as well. (I'm
thinking of adding an ultra-light build option to libwmf specifically for
use with AbiWord.)

No visible graphics yet, but several segs unfaulted.

I'm still fairly new to C++, so please excuse the C-style bits. Also, the
UT_svg class I've created I'm thinking of changing to GR_SVGParser.

The patches need to be applied in order:

svg-first.patch
svg-second.patch

I've only tested the GTK build, but that works on XDarwin & x86RH7 Linux.

Regards, Frank

ps. I'll understand if you postpone this til after 0.9.3, but the sooner
    they're committed the better, I think.

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

`people who are strangers to liquor are incapable of talking about literature.'
Those refreshing words filled my head with the clarified butter of great
wisdom, removed all obstacles to understanding. Truly it was a case of:
`Open the gates of the throat and pour down a bucket of Maotai.' --- Mo Yan