Re: postscript output from command line

Subject: Re: postscript output from command line
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 15:09:04 CDT

At 03:47 PM 9/3/2001 -0400, John Hammen wrote:
>Thank you very much for your quick reply. I think I should have been clearer
>in my original question: I am actually interested in coding such a patch
>myself,

         Great!! This will indeed make AbiWord useful for server-based
conversion from Word (etc.) to PS or PDF...My only comment on which would
be to also consider where we could add PDFMark support so that if the PS
ends up going through GS/PStill/etc. users will benefit.

>and I was wondering if there was any technical reason why this could
>not be done (i.e. will I run into big problems while coding).

         No, should be just fine. I seem to recall that there is already a
command line option to invoke printing directly - so it shouldn't be too
much more than that.

Leonard