Re: CYGWIN_ROOT in abi_defs.mk

Subject: Re: CYGWIN_ROOT in abi_defs.mk
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 18:39:59 CDT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Matti Picus wrote:

> My projects are stored at d:\matti\projects under windows. My cygwin
> installation is located at c:\unix. I have my d drive mounted under /d so
> that Lines 222-247 of abi_defs.mk define a TRANSFORM_TO_DOS_PATH macro
> that in my case foobars the build process. It turns
> /d/matti/projects/abi
> into
> c:\\unix\\d\\matti\\projects\\abi
>
> I do not know enough about sed and cygpath to fix this. I have hardwired
> my copy of abi_defs.mk to fix this, but can someone suggest a better solution?
>
> Matti

Matti -

I have a suggestion, but I am not sure it will work. The suggestion is
not to mount d:\ to /d. We have set up the set such that it will be able
to understand that situation. Just cd d: in cygwin. cd
matti/projects/abi. And then get a pwd. Should look something likey
cygwin/d/...blah. We translate the cygwin/d/ to d:. Under the mount, we
assumed that the files are located within the cygwin directory
structure. So the mounted point is not being translated.

I know this sounds a bit convoluted, but my brain isn't working well at
the moment. If you need some more help, or don't understand my ramblings,
please sent me a note. Hopefully, I can be more coherant then.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett