commit: Re: POW: speed up bulk spell checking

Subject: commit: Re: POW: speed up bulk spell checking
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 21:31:55 CDT

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: CREDITS.TXT src/af/util/beos/ut_BeOSTimer.cpp
CVS: src/af/util/beos/ut_BeOSTimer.h
CVS: src/af/util/mac/ut_MacTimer.cpp src/af/util/mac/ut_MacTimer.h
CVS: src/af/util/qnx/ut_qnxTimer.cpp src/af/util/qnx/ut_qnxTimer.h
CVS: src/af/util/unix/ut_unixTimer.cpp
CVS: src/af/util/unix/ut_unixTimer.h
CVS: src/af/util/win/ut_Win32Timer.cpp
CVS: src/af/util/win/ut_Win32Timer.h src/af/util/xp/ut_timer.h
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.cpp
Speed up bulk checking using Ben Mesman's gtk_idle implementation of
timers. Place holders for other platforms. I put in code for qnx,beos and
Mac. However I sure to have screwed up since I haven't compiled for these
platforms.

Other platforms should check I haven't broken anything and should look to
see if they can do something like the Ben's use of the gtk_idle to
also get a factor of 100 speedup for on-the-fly spellchecking.

I loaded a really large document and it was spell-checked in no time
flat. We're MUCH faster than MS Word 2000 at initial spellchecking :-)

Great work Ben.

Cheers

Martin