Re: Commit: back out martin's changes ;-(

Subject: Re: Commit: back out martin's changes ;-(
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 10:14:35 CDT

Dom wrote:
> If you want to persuade me that this patch should be committed (which will
be
> an uphill battle for you), you will need to do it after the tree closes
and we
> branch. If you want me to design an XP thread+mutex class or evaluate the
ones
> that already exist, than that's fine too. I can handle this, and it is a
> *much* better solution, tho it will require much more work on our part.

Changing to a multithreaded application will be not much more work, it will
be much *MUCH* more work.

I remember stepping from here to there in the code several places where in a
multithreaded environment can produce race conditions (the worst of these
that I remember has to do with autosaving the doc).

Note however, that it may be worth all that work.

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela
e98cuenc@yahoo.com