Re: SVG import

Subject: Re: SVG import
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 15:16:05 CDT

Much as I was looking forward to writing an SVG importer, I have to say I
prefer the idea of the Appligent SVG thingie.

I have been thinking that full and complete SVG support is necessary not
so much for AbiWord but, if we go on to write AbiDraw (say), and can get
animation etc. working, then we get AbiPoint (or whatever sane name is
chosen for the AbiSuite presentation tool) almost for free.

Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

`people who are strangers to liquor are incapable of talking about literature.'
Those refreshing words filled my head with the clarified butter of great
wisdom, removed all obstacles to understanding. Truly it was a case of:
`Open the gates of the throat and pour down a bucket of Maotai.' --- Mo Yan