Re: Problem with Fresh Install on win32 build of 0.9.3

Subject: Re: Problem with Fresh Install on win32 build of 0.9.3
From: Alan Keefer (akeefer@stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 21:34:22 CDT

At 12:10 PM 9/7/2001 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Randy Kramer wrote:
>
> > I've installed the test build three times (on Win95).
> >
> > All three times, the first time I've run it, AbiWord has crashed after
> > doing the following:
> >
> > -start AbiWord
> > -type "test" <return>
> > -select "test", apply "Chapter Heading 1" style using the style combo
> > box
> > -select "Chapter Heading 1", apply "Numbered Heading 1" style using the
> > style combo box
> > -AbiWord crashes, I think the message is "This program has performed an
> > illegal operation and will be shut down."
> >
> > Once I maximized the window before typing test, the other two times I
> > let the window stay at its default initial size (not maximized).
> >
> > In all three cases, when I try it again after restarting AbiWord, the
> > crash does not occur.
> >

>Very strange. All this works fine on the gtk/gnome builds. No crashes
>there.
>
>Martin

I'm currently testing everything out on Windows 2000 (Tim's binary), and I
get the same thing, though the crash happens every time, not just the first
time, and it doesn't matter whether you use the combo-box or the styles
dialog. Also, this only happens if you re-select the text; if you change
the style to Chapter Heading 1 and then to Numbered Heading 1 right away
without selecting any text again, it works fine. It also works fine if you
don't have a return after "test."

On another note, my install crashes whenever I try to apply "Endnote
Reference" from the combo box or the styles dialog. In addition, when I
exported a document to Xhtml, Netscape 6.1 and IE both give me an XML parse
error saying "End tag 'div' does not match the start tag 'p'. Line 104,
Position 3
", though Netscape 4.76 reads it fine. I haven't spent enough time looking
at the project to know whether or not that's to be expected, but if not I
can file a bug for it.

-Alan Keefer