Re: Status of "close vs. exit"?

Subject: Re: Status of "close vs. exit"?
From: Håkan Waara (hwaara@chello.se)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 06:03:17 CDT

Martin Sevior wrote:

[Here we go again...]

>>This "feature" is the most counter-intuitive stuff that I've seen in a
>>long long time.

I agree. It's totally unnatural, and fact remains that we've had more
users saying that on this list _after_ using this 'feature' than the
opposite. It's a bug, and not something users expect.

> If done right it will match Win users expectations. Word 2000 and Acroread
> do this thing.

No, I am a windows user and I don't expect it. Other people on this list
doesn't expect it either. Close means Close to me, close the document;
not open a new one.

> I suggest that the screen is grey when it contains no document, (as
> opposed to a blank document which should be white.)

No, that would indicate the MDI approach and we already agreed to not go
there.

--
Håkan Waara (hwaara@chello.se)