Re: imagemagick graphics importing

Subject: Re: imagemagick graphics importing
From: don bright's spam buffer (aeoespam@sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 10:06:01 CDT

> Hello,
> I'll take a good look at this tomorrow and the day after. I
> haven't looked at the code yet but I hope you can answer a few quick
> questions about your approach.
>
> 1. Do you use ImageMagic to do arbitary file => png transformation and
> then just leave the image as a png in abiword?

Yes. It is just an import filter, like ie_impGraphicBMP, or
ie_impGraphicJPEG.

> 2. Do you provide a fork of the ImageMagic source code to be included as
> an abiword peer directory, (like wv).

Nope. I dont understand the whole fork-all-the-libraries-you-depend-on
idea.

> 3. If so, does the Makefile allow linking of local ImageMagic library if
> it exists?

Nope.

> 4. Do you implement the SVG and other vector graphics formats that
> ImageMagic does?

I didnt know ImageMagick did vector. My patch converts everything to an
FG_GraphicRaster. Let me go test it... brb. OK, if you feed my patch an
SVG file, it converts it to a PNG. It is really really really slow too.

> 5. If you do SVG, do you use the skeleton framework that has been put in
> place already?

Err, nope. Mine also overrides the already existing SVG filter, oops.
And if DEBUG is off, the SVG filter wont be in there at all, so
imagemagick will always be used in that case.

None of this was in the POW, btw.