Re: Cyrillic in AW documents

Subject: Re: Cyrillic in AW documents
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 13:39:09 CDT

Quoting Andrew Dunbar <hippietrail@yahoo.com>:

> Hi again Tomas. Off the top of my head I have the
> feeling that *nix and Windows use different XML
> libraries at the moment. One uses expat and I forget
> the other. Though on at least one platform, you can
> build with the other library as well. My hunch is
> that these two libraries handle the encoding
> declaration slightly differently.

No, unix uses expat too, but can optionally use libxml2 (actually, win32 could
use libxml2 since it's completely XP really). Even so, we need a small patch
to make our use of libxml2 work - somehow something got broken inside of the
XAP_Prefs class. Maybe I should rework it to use the IE_Imp_XML class to load
our preference file...

Dom