Re: patch: RTF importer can properly import styles and use them.

Subject: Re: patch: RTF importer can properly import styles and use them.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 06:22:41 CDT

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Matti Picus wrote:

> 3. I would like to rewrite the paragraph/character formatting
> handling. Currently the information is stored in a structure, then printed
> out to a formatting string. Why not immediately parse it into the form
> AbiWord needs? This would have the advantage of allowing a RTF keyword -
> AbiWord keyword mapping in a single structure, the parser could then build
> a hash table and build the formatting string in a grow buffer.

I would be wary of doing this. Filling structures the way we do allows us
to postpone writing out until a defered { } construct until it is
completed.

Having a nicely defined structure also allows us some flexibility in
working around implied differences between the RTF document model and our
own. In particular the whole business of mapping Lists between the various
RTF contrsucts and our own would be impossible without building
appropriate data structures first.

Cheers

Martin