patch to fix bug 1211 - RTF importer

Subject: patch to fix bug 1211 - RTF importer
From: Matti Picus (matti@picus.org)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 16:17:16 CDT

I am resubmitting this patch for testing. My previous patch was apparently
received after someone else modified the file, so I'm a bit paranoid about
making sure this works. I did the following (in a cygwin bash console,
running on win2000):

rm ie_imp_RTF.cpp
cvs update ie_imp_RTF.cpp
{edit file to add my super duper changes}
cvs diff -c ie_imp_RTF.cpp > bug1211.patch
rm ie_imp_RTF.cpp
cvs update ie_imp_RTF.cpp
patch < bug1211.patch
{test that I fixed what I wanted to fix}

The header of the patch confirms I did what I said I did, diddly dum:
--------------------------------
RCS file: /cvsroot/abi/src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_RTF.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.97
diff -c -r1.97 ie_imp_RTF.cpp
*** ie_imp_RTF.cpp 2001/09/12 13:28:34 1.97
--- ie_imp_RTF.cpp 2001/09/13 19:51:49
---------------------------------------

The RTF importer, specifically NextToken, was not ignoring leading spaces
properly. While the RTF grammar does not explicitly allow spaces between
keywords, it does not forbid them. This patch fixes bug 1211 by:
1. Use NextToken() and a UT_StringPtrMap hash within the font table parsing
since I decided that is the proper way to do things. Anyone want to debate
this :) ?
2. Fix NextToken() to ignore leading spaces (spaces before keywords)

The patched file was tested against the RTF files in the test directory, as
well as bug1207.rtf which really relates to bug 1211.

Matti
"If at first you don't succeed, use more words"