Re: Suggestion: ugly Hack or subtle hint?

Subject: Re: Suggestion: ugly Hack or subtle hint?
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 15:22:14 CDT

Mike wrote:
> Why is this even a problem?

because unfortunately the ratio between people that knows what .rtf is and
what .doc is, is shomething as 20%

I remember at the latest GUADEC a spanish guy saying me that his main
concert with abiword is that he can not save a file in a format readable for
his window's peers.

I pointed him to the rtf exporter, but I don't think that a typical "church
secretary"[tm] will know what rtf is about if a beginner programmer, that
it's able to use & install linux and vi doesn't knows it.

Cheers,

PS: Yes, I was pretty shocked by the question :-)

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela
e98cuenc@yahoo.com