Re: Suggestion: ugly Hack or subtle hint?

Subject: Re: Suggestion: ugly Hack or subtle hint?
From: Alan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 15:27:23 CDT

Mike Nordell wrote:

> Alan asked:
> >
> > I would like to suggest that we change the Save As dialog so that the
> > extension are marked as (.rtf, .doc).
>
> I disagree.

quite strongly it seems...

> Why is this even a problem?

users want to be able to save as .doc, abiword does not currently
support .doc
I guess i will have to add a clear explanation of the workaround (and
why it works) to the help documents and faq. Is there a section in the
doc's for Microsoft users where this would be particularly useful?
If Abiword displayed useful Tips at startup this would be one of them, i
might start sending mailing the Abiword-User list with a "tip of the
week" instead.

I get the distinct impression that my intial suggestion is doomed.
Nevermind.

Mise le meas
Alan