Commit: Idle loop, UT_WorkerFactory

Subject: Commit: Idle loop, UT_WorkerFactory
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 14:54:54 CDT

The idle-loop baseclass and a factory. For you GTK+ idle-loop fans, you can code
up a unix implementation that uses the GLib idle loop functions to achieve idle
loop functionality.

To support folks without this functionality (yet) I've created a factory class
which will return either UT_Timers or UT_Idles, depending on what you specify
that you can handle as an output and certain preference rules.

I've updated fl_DocLayout.cpp to use this new factory. Spellchecking *still*
works the same as ever. When someone writes a UT_UnixIdle class, we'll get
faster spellchecking without ever having to change another line of code in our
project. We can employ this same strategy wherever else it makes sense to use a
timer/idle.

Everything is Doxygenated for flavorful consumption. Whoever wrote the
::setAsFastAsPossible() method might want to take the 1/2 hour and code a
UT_UnixIdle. I'd really appreciate it.

Dom
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/af/util/xp/GNUmakefile.am src/af/util/xp/Makefile
CVS: src/af/util/xp/ut_timer.cpp src/af/util/xp/ut_timer.h
CVS: src/af/util/xp/ut_worker.cpp src/af/util/xp/ut_worker.h
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.h
CVS: Added Files:
CVS: src/af/util/xp/ut_idle.cpp src/af/util/xp/ut_idle.h