Re: repeatable header foot pagenum crasher on win32

Subject: Re: repeatable header foot pagenum crasher on win32
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 12:53:15 CDT

Alan Horkan wrote:
> crash
>
> this was repeatable on windows 2000 using the
> 2001-09-21 build from http://www.niksbiks.dk/Abi/

I can duplicate the crash using the same build on Win95 (the OEM version
(last)).

> Error Message
> The instruction at "0x0046eb95" referenced memory at "0x00000084". The
> memory could not be "read".

I started the debugger and found the PC at that address ("0x0046eb95").
The instruction at this address is:
mov ecx.dword ptr(eax+84h)

For kicks, I then started to read up on and then try a stack trace. Is
a stack trace the same as viewing the Call Stack? This was easy enough
to do using View --> Debug Windows --> Call Stack. There wasn't much
there, just one entry:

"ABIWORD 0046eb95()"

Randy Kramer
Trying to learn so that when I get an unrepeatable crash I can collect
useful information.