Re: New(er) Splash Screen?

Subject: Re: New(er) Splash Screen?
From: John L. Clark (jlc6@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 18:56:02 CDT

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 11:32:19PM +0000, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> >I like the one we have now more than the one you attached. The pen over
> >top of the image seems not to fit.
> >
> >Take care,
> >
> > John
>
> I thought the new (large) pen was a little redundant with the old (small
> icon) pen. So I removed the icon. I also softened up the edges of the new
> pen so it doesn't look quite as cartoonish (about 95% as cartoonish as
> before).
>
> I'm no graphic artist, so this is just a suggestion. it's attached.

This version looks much better, but it still seems like the overlying
pen is very cartoonish (clear cut and defined, says Romy) while the
background image is semirealistic and stylized. We think that if you
can find the right look for the pen in that spot, then it'll still
balance, but it doesn't quite fit as is. Just my (our?) $0.02, though.

Take care,

        John and Romy