Re: imagemagick graphics importing

Subject: Re: imagemagick graphics importing
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 10:19:54 CDT

Hi Don,

I've looked over your patch. The code is sound and good. Abi's is not. What I
want to do (or have others do):

I don't want to add a required dependency on ImageMagick right at this moment.
Ideally, I would like our Image filter system to become more modular, much
like the import/export system. Then, ImageMagick could be used as a plugin or
maybe just used outright if configure picks up an IM installation. Until that
happens, I won't be applying the bulk of this patch - though no fault of yours.

I'll be applying bits of this patch right now. I'll work some to make the
image system more modular so that the rest can be eventually applied.

Dom