Re: Peers & Questions

Subject: Re: Peers & Questions
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 12:31:20 CDT

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Quoting F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>:
>
> > (1) What are the various peer directories? I know
> >
> > abi, abidistfiles, expat, libiconv, psiconv, unixfonts, wv
>
> Also abiword-docs, abispell, MSVC6 (project files)
>
> > (2) Are we still on expat-1.95.1, and if so is it worth updating?
>
> We are on 1.95-1 and 1.95-2 is out. It is probably worth updating to. Anyone
> wanna do this? http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/expat
>
> > (3) As I mentioned a while back, I'm thinking of creating a 'lite'
> > version
> > of libwmf specifically for AbiWord. Would it be okay to make this an
> > abi peer?
>
> This could be cool. What were you thinking of right now, wmf->png for abi's
> uses until we properly support SVG?

Please do this. I'd love to see equations and embedded objects in
abiword via wmf => png.

I addition there are about 1,233,4356,398 clip art WMF's floating around
the internet and on CDROMs. It would be great to be able to use these in
abi.

I hope we get full SVG support but if you can get us these quickly via WMF
=> png it would be very cool.

Cheers

Martin