Re: Web Site Redesign

Subject: Re: Web Site Redesign
From: Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@sourcegear.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 14:15:38 CDT

Jared Davis wrote:
> I've made a redesign/update of the AbiWord web site. I've attached a
> document describing what I've done and why. I
>
> You can view the new site on my web server:
> http://abiword.aiksaurus.com/
>
> Please don't hold my connection's speed against it. ;)

The new layout looks nice. However, I really like the classic
AbiSource logo (we called it the swoosh), and would like to see it somewhere
on the page. Of course, the choice is yours.

I was sitting around a few months ago and decided I'd make a high resolution
rendering of the swoosh, so I did so. I didn't have a good vector graphics
program, so I did it with The Gimp. All bezier curves and manual shading
and layer effects.

The XCF file is at http://www.io.nu/logo.xcf.bz2, if you'd like to use
it (scale it, mess with coloring, etc.). You can see some renderings in
PNG at various resolutions (one with a transparent background) at the
following URLs:

        http://www.io.nu/logo.120.png
        http://www.io.nu/logo.500.png
        http://www.io.nu/logo.1000.png