Founding fathers

From: Blue Lizard (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 20:31:32 EST

    In triaging, retriaging, verifying, and closing bugs that are targeted
    for 1.0, I have come across a number of bugs whose only contact is
    soandso@abisource.com. People like jeff@abisource.com and
    bob@abisource.com whom I understand to be people that were around when
    abisource was much younger. Most of them I would find hard to
    assign/reassign or add cc: for. The following open bugs have been
    reported by someone @ abisource.com but are not assigned (did a query on
    bugzilla duh):
    247 344 349 363 365 372 384 427 428 465 484 519 594 772 777 790 791 436
    615 285 858 338 376 358

    Are there any people @ abisource.com still active or even passive
    developers/participants/users?
    It is hard to find out more about a problem when you cant communicate
    with the one person who noticed it. Looking for duplicates that may or
    may not be there is often a pain when you dont understand the nature of
    the problem. I do not modify bug status if I do not understand the
    nature of the problem. I oft cannot find the nature of the problem if
    the only person involved in the bug did not provide enough info and is
    now inaccessable.
    What to do? I dont feel like randomly sending emails to the lists and
    writing popup dialogues to annoy users that say "Have you ever noticed
    such and such a thing? If so, please provide as much info on it as you
    can at bug ###"

    Thanks for any advice or info on these people.
    -Mark