Re: Got Cygwin, now what?

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 00:43:52 EDT

     --- Adrian Phillips <adrianp@powertech.no> wrote: >
    > <hfiguiere@teaser.fr> writes:
    >
    > Hubert> On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 19:54, James
    > Jensen wrote:
    > >> Actually, it's not.
    > >>
    > >> What it is the ./configure script is having
    > errors and is
    > >> looping.
    > >>
    > >> Maybe I should work on the Linux version,
    > instead.
    >
    > Hubert> Don't use configure on Windows. It
    > simply does not work.
    >
    > Hubert> Only diving Makefiles (ie the old style
    > build system) or
    > Hubert> MSVC project files.

    Actually configure does work on Windows and I've used
    it before. But *AbiWord's* configure scripts don't
    seem to work. It would be really great if somebody
    could massage our configure stuff so that it does
    work on *nix and Windows. This would also IMHO make
    a good POW.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com