Re: Bug 1956?

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 07:37:37 EDT

     --- Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote: >
    > > > i noticed when exporting to text, and/or
    > clipboard i
    > > > lost the numbers of a
    > > > numbered list and i was fairly sure this had
    > been
    > > > fixed previously
    > >
    > > I know that the fix for bug 3007 very slightly
    > changed
    > > how numbered listes were exported to RTF; there
    > was
    > > recently a discussion here about how text exported
    > > the clipboard uses the RTF exporter. Perhaps the
    > two
    > > are related.
    > >
    > > Bug 3007 only dealt with how Microsoft Word sees
    > the
    > > numbered lists; perhaps we have a case where the
    > RTF
    > > which makes Microsoft Word happy does not work
    > very
    > > well with other RTF-compatible word processers.
    >
    > i only ever use ms word when testing Abiword, so
    > that seems likely.

    We really should test RTF stuff also at least on MS
    WordPad or we risk making things too Word-specific.
    Anyone with access to Mac OSX is also encouraged to
    test all RTF stuff with the standard Mac text editor
    which also now uses RTF.

    > i was trying to paste into pine, and notepad.

    That will be using plain text then. Though there are
    several ways that cutting and pasting plain text works
    in Unix. Selection vs true cut and paste. The app
    you are pasting from also has a choice of clipboard
    formats to use and Abi does not support all
    possibilities.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com