Re: ISO-8859-2 fonts do not print

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 12:11:10 EDT

    On Wed 17. April 2002 14:04, Bronislaw Baraniecki wrote:
    > Please, if there is a man or wooman who use to type and print documents
    > in AbiWord using ISO-8859-2 char enc. (type1 or ttf fonts) and is
    > satisfied with results, --- give me a hint!
    >
    > I realy bag you to advise what to do. I'm now able to force abiword to
    > use these fonts, I can type and see my native polish characters on the
    > screen, but on prints I can only see a circles or crosses instead of
    > diacritics characters.
    >
    > If there is a way to make them print on a paper as they are seen on the
    > screen, please advise how to do it.

    I experienced the same in win32. I have installed AbiWord on two w32
    computers. 1) ver. 0.99.5 there was no problems with printing diacritical
    chars 2) CVS 2002.04.12 ver. circled were printed if direcly to a printer
    installed in the system. But if printed into a pdf file (Adobe Distiller)
    there was no problem.

    So, please name your OS system, version, build etc. fields from menu: Insert
    => Field => Application with detailed description concernig fonts etc. It
    would be great to have guidelines for all Polish users for all OSes.
    I will be collect such cases and then after finding solution it will be
    available for all users from web page or help system.
    For now, sorry, I have to go for two-three days. :-( , but it will be
    continuated :-)

    Andrzej