Re: ISO-8859-2 fonts do not print

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 15:33:36 EDT

    Hi Bronek,

    > Concerning TTF fonts I did exactly as you say. With ttfadmin.sh tool
    > were created *.u2g files automaticaly. The fonts are loaded in
    > abiword, I can type, see on screen but when printed on a paper, in
    > place of diacritics I see only circles etc.
    This definitely used to work; unfortunately my Linux set up is in a
    complete mess just now, so I cannot really check that it is still so.

    > There is one thing with *.u2g files, created this way, which may help
    > you to pick up the problem? I do not know what does it means. In the
    > first lines of almost every file there is ".notdef,0xffff" or
    > something like this. If this is an error, how can I correct it?
    That's OK, it simply means that character 0x0ffff is not present in
    the font. The attached u2g file looks fine. Could you please send
    me a brief sample Polish AW document that does not print?

    > After inspecting (looking on) *.afm and *u2g files (the latter in
    > original abiword fonts dir) I may say that there is substantial
    > diference between thoes files, I mean the stroke-lines are complately
    > diferent. So I can't guees what realy I have to do to write myself a
    > *.u2g file. This probably oversteps my competence or rother my
    > knowledge.
    You might find someone on the user's list who has already done
    this, I recall I was helping someone with this about a year back,
    but I have lost the email address.

    Tomas