Re: Spanish translations

From: Sam Trenholme (abiword_bugs@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 16:15:54 EDT

    > > DLG_Options_TabLabel_Misc="Diverso"
    >
    > This one may also be: "Varios" or "Miscelánea". I
    > can not know it for sure
    > without taking a look at the context.

    The English is "Misc."; I do not know what the context
    is.

    > > DLG_Options_Label_SaveContextGlyphs="Ahorra formas
    > visuales de glyphs"
    > > DLG_Options_Label_HebrewContextGlyphs="Usa formas
    > de glyphs para el
    > Hebreo"
    > > DLG_Options_Label_UseContextGlyphs="Determina
    > formas correctas de glyphs
    > según el contexto"
    >
    > I don't like these ones. I don't think that a
    > random spanish user will be
    > able to understand them. Anyway, I don't even know
    > how "glyphs" translates
    > to spanish (figuras?). Can you please send me the
    > english version of these
    > strings

    The English version of these strings are as follows:

     "Save visual glyph shapes"
     "Determine correct glyph shapes from context"
     "Use glyph shaping for Hebrew"

    None of my dictionaries have a translation for Glyph;
    Figura sounds reasonable.

    Anyway, 1.0 is just around the corner, so I am
    attaching my most recent version of the Spanish
    strings; we may have to leave three or four strings
    untranslated in 1.0.

    - Sam

    LANG_PL_PL="Polaco"
    LANG_LT_LT="Lituano"
    LANG_LA_IT="Latín (Renacimiento)"
    LANG_LV_LV="Letón"
    LANG_HI_IN="Hindi"
    LANG_GA_IE="Irlandés"
    LANG_SK_SK="Eslovaco"
    LANG_IS_IS="Islandés"
    LANG_HU_HU="Húngaro"
    LANG_SL_SI="Esloveno"
    LANG_NB_NO="Noruego Bokmal"
    LANG_NN_NO="Noruego Nynorsk"
    LANG_FA_IR="Persa"
    ENC_UNIC_UTF_16="Unicode UTF-16"
    ENC_UNIC_UTF_32="Unicode UTF-32"
    ENC_UNIC_UCS2="Unicode UCS-2"
    ENC_UNIC_UCS4="Unicode UCS-4"
    DLG_ToggleCase_FirstUpperCase="Primera Letra En Mayúscula"
    FIELD_Application_Filename="Nombre de fichero"