Re: Spanish translations ("Camel Caps" translated)

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 14:22:38 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Sam Trenholme" <abiword_bugs@yahoo.com>
    To: "Joaquin Cuenca Abela" <cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr>
    Cc: <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 7:59 PM
    Subject: Re: Spanish translations ("Camel Caps" translated)

    > > you were near. The right translation is:
    > >
    > > Primera letra en mayúscula
    >
    > ¡Gracias!
    >
    > Do you see any errors in the attached translations?

    [snip]
    > LANG_PL_PL="Polaco"
    > LANG_LT_LT="Lituano"
    > LANG_LA_IT="Latín (Renacimiento)"
    > LANG_LV_LV="Letón"
    > LANG_HI_IN="Hindi"
    > LANG_GA_IE="Irlandés"
    > LANG_SK_SK="Eslovaco"
    > LANG_IS_IS="Islandés"
    > LANG_HU_HU="Húngaro"
    > LANG_SL_SI="Esloveno"
    > LANG_NB_NO="Noruego Bokmal"
    > LANG_NN_NO="Noruego Nynorsk"
    > LANG_FA_IR="Persa"
    > ENC_UNIC_UTF_16="Unicode UTF-16"
    > ENC_UNIC_UTF_32="Unicode UTF-32"
    > ENC_UNIC_UCS2="Unicode UCS-2"
    > ENC_UNIC_UCS4="Unicode UCS-4"

    Until here, everything is ok

    > DLG_Options_TabLabel_Misc="Diverso"

    This one may also be: "Varios" or "Miscelánea". I can not know it for sure
    without taking a look at the context.

    > DLG_ToggleCase_FirstUpperCase="Primera Letra en Mayúscula"
    > FIELD_Application_Filename="Nombre de Fichero"

    In spanish only the first letter of the first word is capitalized. So it
    should be "Nombre de fichero". You may leave "Primera Letra en Mayúscula"
    to give a clue to the user about the meaning of the option (but I think that
    the option will do something as: "Primera Letra En Mayúscula".

    > DLG_Options_Label_SaveContextGlyphs="Ahorra formas visuales de glyphs"
    > DLG_Options_Label_HebrewContextGlyphs="Usa formas de glyphs para el
    Hebreo"
    > DLG_Options_Label_UseContextGlyphs="Determina formas correctas de glyphs
    según el contexto"

    I don't like these ones. I don't think that a random spanish user will be
    able to understand them. Anyway, I don't even know how "glyphs" translates
    to spanish (figuras?). Can you please send me the english version of these
    strings?

    Cheers,

    --
    Joaquin Cuenca Abela