Re: Ready for the Big Time!

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 19:46:40 EDT

    i had a look at this a while ago and got the same result.

    Abiword is an XML document, IE6 does not understand the dialect of XML
    used. Mozilla at least manages to display the text of the document.

    Frankly i am surprised that a web browser (Mozilla) was able to make any
    decent attempt at loading a Word Processing document format, which is
    quite different from html web pages.

    If you want the stylesheet you will have to right click on the link and
    choose to "save target as" and then open it with Abiword.

    It would be very nice if IE6 and even better Mozilla v1.0 could display
    abiword documents properly, although I dont know what would be needed to
    make the XML more understandable.

    Best of luck

    Alan Horkan