Re: Building Plug-ins

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 11:45:44 EDT

    Hello David,

    On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 16:37, David Chart wrote:
    > abicommand: okay
    > aiksaurus: Aiksaurus.h not found - unable to build aiksaurus plugin
    > link-grammar: disabled by default

    You need the aiksaurus header files.
    If you use redhat, you need aiksaurus and aiksaurus gtk, both packages
    available on Jared's website:
       http://www.aiksaurus.com/

    > magick: Magick++ >= 5.4.0 not found - unable to build magick plugin
    > svg: this plugin is non-functional and is disabled by default

    You need the ImageMagick-devel package with version earlier than or as
    old as 5.4.0,

    > html: libxml2 >= 2.4.9 not found - unable to build html plugin

    You need libxml2-devel version earlier than or as old as 2.4.9

    > OpenWriter: can't find zipios++ header(s) - unable to build OpenWriter
    > plugin

    You need zipios++-devel package.
    I made a spec for zipios which got included in the source tree.
    You can rebuild it's packages (if they're not available on their
    website) by executing rpm -tb zipios's tar.gz

    Cheers, rms

    + So let's do it...?