Re: Pango? (was Re: commit: abi: UTF8String class)

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:08:39 EDT

    On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

    > At 3:17 AM +0100 4/22/02, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
    > >Pango is cross-platform
    >
    > Well, for those platforms for which the entirety of glib2 has
    > been ported - which as far as I know is....Linux, Linux and Linux.

    Well I think this is an overstatement to say the least. Gtk 2.0 including
    glib 2.0 and pango is almost completely ported to windows. It should be
    finished in a couple of months. I'm fairly sure Gtk 2.0 has also been
    ported to various other Unicies including FreeBSD, Solaris and HP-UX.

    A guess that QNX might be a bit tricky. Does QNX do freetype? If so, a
    pango port to that is not so bad.

    Beos? Well we've got to be realistic. Our Beos developers should at least
    get a nice 1.0 working first.

    Cheers

    Martin