Re: Hancom Office 2.01 for Linux

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 07:05:06 EDT

    Hancom Very Big in Korea, i have read about them before (on Slashdot
    probably). Amazing what government backing can do.

    The story is linked to from Slashdot
    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/04/22/2054243&mode=nested&tid=99

    In reaction to the kuro5hin thread

    http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/22/22406/9615
    # You can produce a variety of output formats, including PostScript, PDF,
    RTF, and HTML. You can exchange documents with MS Word users with RTF.

    PDF? That is not 100% accurate. I will have to ask what he used to
    genereate the PDF.
    Shame He fails to make clear that everything from wordpad up supporst RTF
    (naive users may not realise).

    # I ran into a problem (solved by upgrading to latest release) and tried
    to get help. Unfortunately, I couldn't raise anybody on their IRC channel

    shame he did not try a bit harder, or even mail the list

    that abiword runs on.
    Abiword does not officially run on OSX yet.
    Abiword runs on BeOS but it is not very current
    Abiword runs on QNX
    Abiword runs on most flavours of Unix (including Solaris, AIX, *BSD to
    name just a few).