Re: undo and combining characters

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 23:08:53 EDT

     --- Pierre Abbat <phma@webjockey.net> wrote: > On
    Tuesday 23 April 2002 11:28, Karl Ove Hufthammer
    > wrote:
    > > But how does selection works? Are the glyphs
    > 'decomposed' to allow
    > > selection (which causes a reflow), and religated
    > when you move the
    > > selection?
    >
    > Worse yet, in the Hindi word "murti" (Hindi is
    > written in a left-to-right
    > abugida) 'i' is to the *left* of 't', and 'r' is in
    > the upper right corner.
    > How do you select "mur"?

    Exactly! This is why I'm in favour of doing selection
    by glyph. With no Arabic or Indian developers we're
    bound to get ourselves into trouble by being over-
    ambitious. I really do want codepoint selection too
    but I don't think it's realistic to think we as
    western language only people can get it right.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com