Re: AbiWord article at Kuro5hin

From: Larry Kollar (kollar@alltel.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 23:23:41 EDT

    "Michael D. Crawford" wrote:

    > I've been lurking on this list for eons and am well aware of the blood, sweat
    > and tears you have poured into making AbiWord the fine product it is today.
    >
    > You should be proud of what you have accomplished.

    As an extremely minor contributor, I can stand outside and say to
    the people who have done the REAL work: amen!

    > I've been trying for years to get my wife to use Open Source software. She
    > won't go near Linux - she sees me using it and is pretty put off by it.

    I didn't have that problem. Having Linux running on a PowerPC, and
    Mac-on-Linux waiting an icon click away, helped a bunch. It also
    helped that she fell in love with some of the KDE games.

    She's wedded to PageMaker, so I'd have to show her how Abi works
    before turning her loose on it. But that day's a coming.

    --
    Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
    "Content creators are the engine that drives value in the