Re: HELP: win32 binaries !

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 00:02:20 EDT

     --- Martin Sevior
    <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> wrote: > Hi Hub,

    http://abiword.pchasm.org/abiword/builds/periodic/win32/

    > But I'm not sure which of the plugins work and which
    > are installable
    > executables.
    >
    > Here is what I think we should do:
    >
    > 1. Ask Jeremy which work as windows installables and
    > move them to
    > sourceforge. (Hopefully done by this email.)
    >
    > 2. Ask windows users to test them and report
    > success/failure.
    >
    > 3. We go with a lightly editted version of David
    > Chart's press release as
    > our release notes and put that on our website.
    >
    > 4. Update the website.
    >
    > 5. Send out the press release to everyone we can
    > think of - including the
    > sites that covered the 1.0 already.
    > So slashdot, freshmeat, zdnet,cnet,linuxtoday,linux
    > weekly news,macslash
    > etc etc. Once the website is updated anyone who
    > wants to can send out an
    > email to their favourite website in their own
    > language.

    How about some specifically non-English sites?
    Are we asking for developers in our press release?
    Are we specifically pushing our multilingual aspect?
    Can any of our non-Anglophone people suggest some?
    I just found these with a Google search:

    Arabic: http://www.planux.com/linux/
    Chinese: http://www.linux.org.tw/index.shtml
    Chinese: http://www.linux.org.hk/
    Chinese: http://linux.com.hk/