Re: HELP: win32 binaries !

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 19:24:41 EDT

    Hi Hub,
            Jeremy Davis has some windows binaries at:

    http://abiword.pchasm.org/abiword/builds/periodic/win32/

    But I'm not sure which of the plugins work and which are installable
    executables.

    Here is what I think we should do:

    1. Ask Jeremy which work as windows installables and move them to
    sourceforge. (Hopefully done by this email.)

    2. Ask windows users to test them and report success/failure.

    3. We go with a lightly editted version of David Chart's press release as
    our release notes and put that on our website.

    4. Update the website.

    5. Send out the press release to everyone we can think of - including the
    sites that covered the 1.0 already.
    So slashdot, freshmeat, zdnet,cnet,linuxtoday,linux weekly news,macslash
    etc etc. Once the website is updated anyone who wants to can send out an
    email to their favourite website in their own language.

    6. Dom updates abiword on the gnome software map since he is the only one
    who can do that.

    OK folks lets get this done.

    BTW I'm home sick for a couple of days.

    <sneeze>