Re: undo broken in 1.0 - abort 1.0.0 announce 1.0.1?

From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 01:40:48 EDT

    At 12:55 PM 4/24/02 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
    >Hi Folks,
    > undo is broken in 1.0.0. As noted by a user, undo now is
    >effectively "revoke". All editing in a session is undone on pressing
    >undo right now.
    >
    > [ ... ]
    >
    >Do we want to continue with 1.0.0 or abort and do 1.0.1? I'll leave that
    >up to Dom.

    Oh no. Please don't tell me "infinite undo" is broken. That's the first,
    most important AbiWord feature that Jeff and I got working back in the 0.1.x
    days.

    It's the kind of subtle high-quality UI issue that you have to design in
    from the get-go if you truly want a polished, high-quality look and feel for
    your application. Once you've used a word processor with that feature,
    anything short of that bar feels awkward and amateurish.

    For four years now, it's been "little things" like this that have upheld the
    promise we've been making our users all along:

      This app may not have your favorite feature yet,
      but the ones it does have Just Work.

    I'm sorry I haven't been keeping current enough with my CVS builds to catch
    this myself before 1.0. :-(

    Paul,
    deeply embarrassed