Re: further notes on using Pango

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 12:26:38 EDT

    At 5:17 PM +0100 4/26/02, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
    >We can have a single XP API without having a single
    >implementation.

            True - IF we controlled that part of the code. However,
    this sits underneath of Pango, which already does (in a sense)
    abstract out the different platform font/text API's.

            The issue, however, is whether the AbiWord team wishes to
    support a single one of those modules (FreeType) or ALL of those
    modules (X11, Win32, FT) as well as building new ones for Mac OS,
    QNX, BeOS, etc.

    Leonard

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>