Re: Release cycle (was Re: New development plans)

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 12:57:17 EDT

    On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 10:09, Sam Trenholme wrote:
    > * At the "freeze" time, make a new CVS branch, calling
    > it, say, "1.2.6rc1" (Can CVS handle that kind of
    > version name?)

    It would have to be 1_2_6_rc1

    However, I recommend using 1_2_5_99 (like ximian is doing) to make
    things easier for package management systems to manage version upgrades.

    In the case of rpm:

    1.2.5.99-1rc1 is made.
    oops... a booboo found:
    1.2.5.99-2rc1
    it's a-ok now... retag as 1.2.6, make rpms, release into the wide world.

    Hugs, rms

    + So let's do it...?