Re: further notes on using Pango

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 22:30:51 EDT

     --- Tomas Frydrych <tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net>
    wrote: >
    > > On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:43:28AM +0100, Tomas
    > Frydrych wrote:
    > > > (They [glib]
    > > > already have a makefile system for win32)
    > >
    > > Not sure if this is what you meant, but I was told
    > that glib also
    > > compiles and works on win32. (At least Glib2,
    > which is what pango
    > > requires)
    >
    > It is meant to, but I have spent about an hour
    > yeasterday on it, and
    > did not succeed. Also, GLib 2.0 itself has couple of
    > external
    > dependences, iconv, and some other GNU library, name
    > of which I
    > do not remember of the top of my head.

    Which iconv? The many iconv implementations out there
    are notoriously incompatible. I wonder if they
    require libiconv or the system iconv, and I wonder if
    this will be a problem for us. If we end up with
    potentially 2 iconvs being used by different bits of
    AbiWord that would not be nice.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com