commit -- usability tweaks to language dialog

From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 05:15:44 EDT

    Usability tweaks and tighter layout. Focus now defaults to list box,
    allowing immediate keyboard navigation.

      A abi/shots/wp/win/language.png
      M abi/src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32Res_DlgLanguage.rc2

    Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Indonesian, Interlingua, Romanian, Welsh.

      M abi/src/af/util/xp/ut_Language.cpp
      M abi/src/af/xap/xp/xap_String_Id.h

    NOTES:

    1. I recommend that maintainers on other platforms check the language
    dialog to make sure that focus goes to the list box instead of the OK
    button. After having used that dialog a lot to build the World.abw
    document, it's *much* nicer this way, because it allows you to get in and
    out with a minimum number of keystrokes. For example:

      "W<return>" will change the language to Welsh, or
      "<escape>" will dismiss the dialog

    Neat, huh?

    2. AFAICT, the help files don't include screen shots of the GUI, but on
    general principle I updated abi/shots. I hope nobody preferred the previous
    "frame" look, because I hated it. ;-)

    3. I didn't add *all* of the missing languages from World.abw, such as:

      - Croatian, Estonian, Occitan, Serbian
      - Inuktitut
      - Marathi, Tamil
      - Urdu, Yiddish

    (It's late, I'm tired, and I don't want to make life too hard on all our
    translators.) However, AFAICT, now we do at least cover all known ispell
    dictionaries and all of our current UI translations.

    4. Win32 folks should remember to do a "make tidy" in wp/main to see the
    new dialog. Otherwise a clean build is *not* necessary.

    Enjoy!

    Paul,
    relurking